Finally! A piece of candy corn that I actually like ♥ I don’t know about you but candy corn and I have never been close friends. Nevertheless, I’m sooo grateful for it because it gave me the Halloween inspo that I needed to come up with this adorable design.
The definitions for all crochet abbreviations used can be found here.
The ad-free and printable version of this pattern can be found here.
- 4.5mm Crochet Hook
- 12mm Safety eyes and their backings
- <1oz White yarn (Red Hearts Super Saver in “White”)
- <1oz Orange yarn (Red Hearts Super Saver in “Pumpkin”)
- <1oz Yellow yarn (Red Hearts Super Saver in “Saffron”)
- <12 inches of Pink yarn (Red Hearts Super Saver in “Baby Pink”)
- 1oz Fiber fill stuffing
- Yarn needle (metal recommended)
Starting with white yarn
- Round 1: MC, sc 7 (7)
- Round 2: 4 sc inc, 3sc (11)
- Round 3: 5 sc inc, 6sc (16)
- Round 4: sc around (16)
- Round 5: 10 hdc inc, 6 sc (26)
- Round 6: sc around (26)
- Round 7: 3 sc, 2 hdc inc, 4 sc, 2 sc inc, 4 sc, 2 hdc inc, 9 sc (32)
- Round 8-10: sc around (3 rounds) (32)
- Round 11: (3 sc, 1sc dec) X2, 6 sc, (1sc dec, 3 sc) X3, 1 sc (27)
- Round 12: 1 sc dec, 21 sc, 2 sc dec (24) sl st and fasten off
Switch to orange yarn, sl st into the last stitch, ch 1 and work into the same stitch:
- Round 13: sc around (24)
- Round 14: (3 sc, 1 sc inc) X6 (30)
- Round 15: 2 sc inc, 28 sc (32)
- Round 16-23: sc around (8 rounds) (32)
Read the “SAFETY EYES” section after completing round 18.
Switch to yellow yarn, sl st into the last stitch, ch 1 and work into the same stitch:
- Round 24 and 25: sc around (2 rounds) (32)
- Round 26: (7 sc, 1 sc inc) X4 (36)
- Round 27-31: sc all around (5 rounds) (36)
- Round 32: (2 sc, 1 sc dec, 2 sc dec) X6 (30)
- Round 33: (3 sc, 1 sc dec) X6 (24), start stuffing
- Round 34: (1 sc, 1 sc dec, 1 sc dec) X6 (18)
- Round 35: (1 sc, 1 sc dec) X6 (12)
- Round 36: 6 sc dec, sl st into the next stitch (6). Fasten off, leaving a yarn tail about 5 inches long and use your yarn needle to go though the outside loop of these remaining stitches, then pull the yarn to close the opening.
READ ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE PLACING EYE BACKINGS:
After completing Round 18, stuff your work, identify Round 5, and place the first safety eye between hdc inc #3 and #4, place the second safety eye between hdc inc #7 and #8. Remove both safety eyes, notice that they have shifted the stitches and each left a noticeable hole.
Follow the tutorial below to sculpt the eye indents:
Repeat that process two or three more times, slightly pulling the yarn to secure the eye sculpting. After hiding the yarn ends, place the safety eyes back in their place, remove the stuffing, and secure the safety eye’s backings.
Repeat twice to get two ears:
- Ch 4, skip the first chain and 1 sc in the second chain, 3 dc into the third chain, and 1 sc into the last chain. Chain 1 and fasten off, leave a 5 inch long tail for sewing. Pin the ears to the top of the head and once you like the alignment, sew them on.
Using a yarn needle and a small strand of pink yarn, draw a “Y” at the tip of Cavy Corn’s face to add a nose and a mouth.
Repeat 4 times for a total of 4 paws:
- Round 1: MC, sc 6 inside (6)
- Round 2 and 3: Sc 6 around (2 rounds) (6), fasten off and leave a 4 inch tail for sewing
Place the paws in place:
Suggested: front paws between rounds 16 and 17, 4 stitches apart, and back paws between rounds 24 and 25, 4 stitches apart.
And you’re done! You now have a squishy, spooky season decor ♥
I’D LOVE TO SHARE YOUR PROJECTS! IF YOU HAVE PROGRESS PICTURES OR WANT TO SHARE YOUR FINISHED PROJECT PLEASE TAG NANO STITCHES ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
You may sell your product providing pattern credit to Nano Stitches on Instagram, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Ravelry or any other social media in which you advertise. The pattern itself shall not be copied or resold. If you sell the items you must use your own pictures for advertising. If you need assistance during the process or find someone else selling my pattern feel free to contact me on social media or email me at email@example.com